Article written by Anissa Smart- administration assistant and new tenant!
Looking to rent for the first time or interested in an updated method of applying for properties? This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a rental property via 1form and aims to provide answers for frequently asked questions posed by new tenants.
HOW TO APPLY VIA 1FORM
1Form is an online rental application form that allows you to apply for your rental home quickly and efficiently. You will find that most agencies are using 1Form, and once you have an account setup, your data will begin to prefill (saving you time and effort while applying for properties).
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to use 1Form- don’t be intimidated- once you have started your application you can follow the prompts provided by 1Form and ignore these instructions.
- Visit: https://1form.com/au/ras
- Log in if you already have an account, if not, create an account
- Start a new application
- Enter property details (these can be found on www.wilsonwarrnambool.com.au, www.realestate.com.au, www.domain.com.au, etc.)
- Enter property manager details. Agency name: Wilsons. Property Manager Name: Juanita Russell. Property Manager email address: email@example.com
- Enter lease details (information can be found on www.wilsonwarrnambool.com.au, www.realestate.com.au, www.domain.com.au or by calling 03 55612777, you can also ask the property manager at the inspection)
- Enter how you found out about the property and a short explanation as to why the property would be right for you
- Enter details of other occupants (any household members over 18 must apply)
- Enter details of inspection and any vehicles you plan to park at the property
- Answer additional agency questions and optional moving services prompt
- Attach supporting documentation (or supply in person). See FAQ’s for identification requirements
- Read and tick declarations
- Send application
- Applications are then assessed, references checked and passed onto the landlord to make the final decision
Do I need to inspect a property before applying?
Ideally yes. A property manager and landlord are much more likely to consider an application if the person has inspected the property.
I can’t physically inspect a property, what other options do I have?
In extenuating circumstances, we are able to perform inspections via video call. Please contact our office for more information.
What forms of identification (ID) do I need to provide?
You must provide 1 form of ID from EACH category with your application:
Category A: Passport, Drivers licence, Government issued photo ID, Keypass
Category B: ATM card, Credit card, Medicare card, Health Care card, Birth Certificate
Category C: Bank Statements, previous rent receipts, utility accounts, car registration papers, school ID
Other ID: By negotiation
How do I attach my ID to my application?
You have a few different options for providing identification documents. You can visit our office at 50 Fairy Street, Warrnambool and we can scan your supporting documents and ID for you. You can also take a photo of your ID and attach it to your hard copy or 1form application. ID and bills can also be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any trouble, please feel free to call (03) 55612777 for assistance.
Who should I use as rental refence?
A rental reference is a ‘vote of confidence’ from someone who knows you in a personal, financial, educational, professional, or prior rental experience capacity. Ideally, your rental reference will know you well enough to speak to your character and know how to express it to a property owner/agent.
Does each member of the household need to be on the lease?
No. However, if you are sharing a house with other adults it’s a good idea to have them named on the lease. This way you are all equal and liable if anything goes wrong. Each adult still needs to complete an application form.
How much will my bond be?
The bond is equal to 4 weeks rent. For example, if your rent is $360 per week, your bond will be $1,440.
How do I pay my rent? Will I get a bill each week?
You do not receive a weekly bill. The property manager will provide a regular due date and account details for payment. You will receive rent receipts after payment.
What is a condition report?
A condition report is completed by the property manager prior to your move in date. It details the condition of the property and any issues it may have. You are given a copy of the condition report, it is important that you add any additional damage or issues to the report and return it within three business days. The condition report can be used as evidence if there is a dispute about who should pay for cleaning or damage, particularly at the end of a tenancy.
From one first time tenant to another, I hope this guide was a useful introduction to the ins and outs of renting a property. Feel free to call (03) 55612777 or email email@example.com if you have any additional questions.