Wilsons are proud to be participating in The Salvation Army’s Christmas Appeal. We will be running a Gift Drive for our team and the community to contribute to. If you wish to donate, we encourage you to pop into our office at 50 Fairy Street, Warrnambool.
If you would like to run a gift drive for your business, school, family or community group, please click here to register.
“It has been another difficult year for communities across Australia. And as Christmas approaches – it is becoming increasingly clear that many Australians are going to struggle to have even a modest celebration.
We all know Christmas is a time for joy. But for those doing it tough – it is often challenging, heartbreaking and isolating. Last Christmas, The Salvation Army provided over 64,000 hampers as well as 26,000 gifts to individuals and families in need. As COVID-19 continues to impact communities across the country, your support is more important now than ever. By collecting and donating food or gifts, you can help us make sure we leave no one in need this festive season.”
Please see below gift ideas and guidelines provided by The Salvation Army
- Gift Vouchers (A gift voucher can mean a parent/guardian can still share in the unique joy of buying a gift for their child or family members)
- Outdoor equipment
- Activities (Books, puzzles, stationary)
- Personal accessories
- Please consider giving gifts for a range of age groups, including teenagers and parents
- Please leave gifts unwrapped
- Please donate new items only
Let’s do what we can to help those experiencing hardship smile this Christmas and support The Salvation Army in the wonderful work they do.